CEE Surveys Ltd. and Associates




Domestic EPCs
Energy Surveys and Advice
SAP Calculations
SBEM Calculations
Legal Information

It is the legal responsibility of the owner or landlord selling or renting out a residential / commercial property to have a valid Energy Performance Certificate (EPC).

Background to legislation
Buildings in the UK that use energy to condition the indoor climate are subject to the Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 SI 2007/991 and SI 2007/1669. There are a few exceptions and we will be happy to advise.

What is an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)?
Buildings undergoing sale, lease, or significant change, must obtain an EPC. This reflects the energy efficiency with categories ranging from A (very efficient) to G (very inefficient). Owners and landlords must provide an EPC free of charge to prospective purchasers and tenants. EPCs are accompanied by a report, which includes cost-effective recommendations to improve energy performance. Indicative paybacks are listed.

How long are they valid?
Commercial EPCs are valid for 10 years, domestic EPCs for 3 years.

What if I don’t have an EPC?
In practice it will be virtually impossible to sell or let a building without an EPC. There are penalties for non-compliance ranging from £500 to £5000.

Who can issue EPCs?
EPCs may only be issued by qualified, registered assessors.

What is involved in obtaining an EPC?

  • A site visit to survey the premises and gather information on construction, heating, cooling, lighting and services.
  • Software based analysis to ascertain energy performance using a national approved calculation methodology.
  • Issuing of an Energy Performance Certificate detailing the building’s performance rating.

Why choose us?
CEE Surveys Ltd and Associates aims to make the entire process as simple and cost effective as possible. Our mission is to deliver a professional and trouble free service in supplying the required certificates.